Wednesday, August 10, 2011

My "interpals" profile

I am a student. I was going to U.C. Berkeley - studying Society and Environment because I care about the Earth and its health and people and thier health. The most interesting class I took was City Planning because it seemed to be the answer to the problems the least invasive and most creative way. Instead of going and telling people what to do, giving them a place to do what is good for the environment like walking instead of driving a car and polluting can help but it doesnt make anyone angry!

I love music! I always have and at one time wanted to be a singer, I think that I gave up the dream because so many people try and fail....but maybe someday I just might try. I love making music, I have been in marching band playing the trumpet, in choir singing soprano and I've also briefly played the french horn, the flute, and the harmonica. I wanted to be in band.

I like reading, if I find a book that I want to read. I would rather be in the real world, so I tend to like reading non-fiction. One novel that interests me is about the surfers that catch waves that can be up to 100 feet tall!

I have always had an appreaciation for other cultures! I love foriegn movies and languages and people. I lived in International House for a time and it was one of the best times ever - except I was afraid of getting close to someone that was going to leave soon. I guess I'm telling too much.... But thats what happened.
The most fun part was talking to everyone in the dining hall. We'd talk about our home town and how things were there and since everyone was from a different country everyone was fascinated with each other. I felt more at home with foriegn people sometimes than I had felt with the people from the county I grew up in. I'm not sure why that is...

I like fruit- raspberries, I liked visiting Vancouver in British Columbia -- that was super fun. I went with my family and we stayed at the Universty! I like San Francisco -- it's fun to go there like a tourist. My favorite places in SF are the art museums, SFMoma, De Yong and the Legion of Honor and Strawberry Hill where they have those boats in Golden Gate Park. I want to go to Baker Beach sometime-- hopefully avoiding the nudist section.

I want to learn another language! Like french or Swedish or Danish or something...but I can't quite make up my mind.

I like stones...crystals. I like tea. I like flowers and pretty clothes (girly stuff). but I also like outdoors things like snowboarding, i want to go wakeboarding. I like dancing! I love having good conversations about philosophical things...sharing deep or interesting thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment